Two posts in one day! Not sure this will get posted today but even starting to write a second post in the same day is some kind of record I’m sure.
So, with beginning this whole process I wanted to take a moment and kind of assess the situation. I’m working on two lists.
The first is a list of things I love.
- My kids
- Making things
- My friends
- My dogs
The second is a list of thing I do.
- I drive…I drive a lot. I take kids to and from and pick them up and drop the off and I wait. I spend a lot of time in my car. (Ok, let’s be honest it’s a minivan.)
- Basketball team mom stuff (this also involves driving)
- CYT mom stuff
- Flight mom stuff
- Make food
- Wash/Fold/Put away massive amounts of laundry
- Grocery shop
- Shop for anything any one else needs
- Write occasionally
- Run (when I’m registered for a race)
- Watch TV
- Read occasionally
- Look at FB/Insta/Pinterest on my phone
- Special Occasion Stuff (party plan/make cakes/buy gifts/ ect.)
- Look for things people can’t find
- Take the dogs out
- house hold chores
Obviously some of those things can’t be changed, some of them can. It’s a working list. A lot of what I do revolves around my family but I have very little time to do the things I really want to do. But, who really wants to do dishes or look for lost things. It’s just stuff you have to do when you have a family. Is having less junk really going to do anything to bring us calmness?